Hi, my name is Daryl Meissner (you probably figured that out by now). I’m a bit of a geeky-but-mostly-normal guy from the suburbs of Los Angeles.I’m married and I have two amazing grown daughters of whom I am exceedingly proud. My humble Phoenix home is dominated by four big dogs (3 Siberian Huskies and a Boxer). I love it. I wouldn’t trade lives with anyone. So I guess you came to this page to get a little more background on who I am right? Here you go…
I've always enjoyed training and helping other people. In fact, every job I've ever held had some element of training to it. From lead server at The Olive Garden to sales trainer at Seagate Technology to principal in a startup tech company, I've kinda done it all.
For most of my career, I was obsessed with the pursuit of the almighty dollar. I took some significant risks early on that led to fast cars, luxury homes, and, ultimately, the acquisition of more and more stuff.
Then I got cancer.
I was instantly transformed. Suddenly the only thing that mattered to me was my health and my family. I no longer cared about bigger and better. I lost interest in the race.
Then I got past cancer.
I am extremely fortunate to be cancer free. And I am grateful every day to the caregivers and providers who made that possible for me.
And it's gratitude that drives me. I discovered that the more I live my life from a place of gratitude, the happier I am. gratefulness replaced desire. For me, the key to happiness is gratitude.
In the last few years I've been fortunate to speak to audiences all over the country. I've spoken at dozens of events and I have given thousands of presentations in conferences, assemblies, conventions, and other events. I've spoken to audiences of just a handful to convention center spaces hosting over 1,000 people.
I'M A NORMAL GUY
I really am. I work hard. I play hard. Today, I speak to leaders, educators, and students. My goal is to help people.
- I love ice cream. It's my greatest weakness and my simplest food joy.
- My wife and I have four dogs. Three crazy huskies named Athena, Juno, and Chaos and one boxer named Apollo.
- Riding motorcycles along coastal highways or through canyon twisties is my favorite past time. Ride with me.
- My wife and I were introduced at a 4th of July BBQ and we were married five years later on 4th of July.
- I love movies. Some of my favorite films include The Matrix, Pulp Fiction and Fight Club
- An adrenaline junkie, I have been cage diving with sharks, bungee jumping, skydiving, and I drove a race car at over 150 miles per hour.
- Secretly, I've always wanted to be a movie star, or an airline pilot.
- I have been to Europe, Canada, Mexico, and a dozen US states. I really want to visit Japan and Australia.